Retail Power Distribution
This busway system offers plug-in units with a wide variety of receptacles, circuit breakers, and drop cords. Multiple circuit breaker plug-ins are offered and can be used in high-density applications. The simple “turn-n-lock” connection at the heart of the system has transformed the design and lowered the costs of maintaining and upgrading today’s data centers. Plug-in units located anywhere along the busway can include almost any NEMA configuration.
Reasons to Implement STARLINE Track Busway in your Data Center:
- Lower Cost – STARLINE Track Busway is the simple, versatile, fast and economical solution for supplying power to electrical loads. The low material cost is comparable to conduit and wire material costs, and is much lower priced than larger, conventional busway products.
The busway can be tapped at any location with a variety of plug-in units. Eliminated are panel boards, long runs of conduit and wire, and expensive installation costs.
- Flexible – The modular STARLINE Track Busway allows you to dramatically improve your ability to meet user demands, to expand, reconfigure, or relocate operations. And because STARLINE installs so rapidly, busway sections and plug-in units can be added in a matter of minutes. As a result, you’ll never need to tie up valuable capital until expansions in the electrical distribution system are absolutely needed.
- Sustainability – In today’s “Green Building” environment, STARLINE Track Busway is doing its part by offering a system that is an overhead system – which makes it aesthetically clean and eliminates the “jungle” of wires that cable whips create. Because of this, there is no risk of wires obstructing air flow under the floor – making STARLINE one of the most energy efficient and safe systems you can buy in the market.
- Reliable – Continuous up-time is absolutely critical for data center facilities. The unique, turn-n-lock, “compression-fit”, connection method used for plug-in units is the key to the reliability of STARLINE Track Busway. Insert the turn-n-lock plug head anywhere along the busway run and rotate the plug 90 degrees. This stab makes a “compression-fit” into the channel-shaped busbars and result in a constant, reliable connection – eliminating power interruptions caused by overheating or loss of connections. Also, once the plug-in unit is turned into the connection position, it can be secured or locked into place, reducing the risk of accidental power disruption.
- Overhead, not Under Floor – STARLINE Track Busway is an overhead system, so there is no jungle of wires to obstruct air flow under the floor – making StarLine one of the most energy efficient systems you can buy in today’s “green building” environment.